August 13, 2011
Peaches began to appear in Florida three months ago! I have watched them come in from Georgia, South Carolina and hopefully very soon, gorgeous peaches from Pennsylvania. Our local Florida peaches were small and beautiful, but I must say they are getting better and better as we move up the coast. I have canned some glorious pie filling which is available at my market stands in Winter Park and at Lake Eola for those that are local to me. I have wanted so much to begin to post recipes that make use of the seasons bounties. This recipe uses one 16 oz jar of my pie filling along with 6 other ingredients–what could be easier on a warm summer evening?
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or white Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (white or brown)
- 4 Tbsp Butter (cold, chopped)
- Lemon Zest (tsp)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 16 oz Jar of Sunchowder’s Emporia Peach Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the butter into the flour, oats and sugar for the topping. You can do this manually or use a food processor. Using and 8 X 4 baking dish, pour the Peach filling into the dish and cover with the topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the filling is bubbling. Enjoy!