Apple Spiced Sour Cream Coffee Cake for R’ock-tober #baketogether

October 21, 2011

Apple Spiced Sour Cream Cake

I am so excited to be participating in my very first “Baketogether” with Abby Dodge for the very fun month of October.   We are taking her classic coffee cake recipe and changing it up.   I can’t wait to see all the variations that will be posted up with links in the comments section of her blog.  I have chosen to go with the season and used grated apples and boiled cider syrup to change mine up a bit.   It came out so moist and delectable.  As soon as I knew I had a good photograph, I completely lost control and scoffed it before I could even post this up.  As I sit here with my full belly, I still wish I could have enjoyed a piece with my lovely virtual friends today.  I dare not eat another slice when my family comes home!

1. Sounds perfect Wendy; sure wish you and a slice were sitting here with me and my cup of coffee. I have to make mine this weekend and from the looks of my counter, something appleish will be happening here too!

Comment by Barbara | Creative Culinary — October 22, 2011

2. Mmm mm that looks good! I too wish I could have shared a piece with you!

Comment by Jayne — October 22, 2011

3. This sounds *and* looks wonderful! I’m bookmarking it for future reference ~ thanks for sharing!

Comment by rose — October 23, 2011

4. Oh thanks my friend! I wish I could have a slice with you too :)

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — October 23, 2011

5. Hello Jayne! On your next visit, we must eat large pieces of coffee cake together, can’t wait!

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — October 23, 2011

6. Thank you so much Rose! And welcome to my blog, so nice to have you here.

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — October 23, 2011

7. Wendy, it’s my first #baketogether too – I get to start this culinary journey with you ;)
    Love your rendition of this classic recipe and the photos are beautiful. I want a slice too!

Comment by Georgie — October 25, 2011

8. Thanks so much Georgie! Ahh…I love firsts too :) So nice to see you here and hope to do much more baking together!

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — October 25, 2011

9. Hi Wendy! Your coffee cake looks absolutely beautiful and I love your photos. They make me feel like I’m right there at your table! Wonderful add-ins and substitutions in your recipe, too. This is also my first #baketogether, so very happy to be baking with you this month. Look forward to more!

Comment by Aimee @ Food: Je t'Aimee — October 25, 2011

10. Hi Aimee! thank you so much for your lovely compliments! I love doing this too :)

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — October 25, 2011

11. Wow Wendy! I love your take too! This is just perfect for the fall! And lovely clicks too! xx

I’m hosting an apple blog hop this month, come and share this recipe with us:

Comment by Baker Street — October 27, 2011

12. [...] Wendy joined in with this bettie : http://sunchowdersemporia.com/2011/10/apple-spiced-sour-cream-coffee-cake-for-rock-tober-baketogethe… [...]

Pingback by R’October Coffee Cake ~ YOUR way — November 4, 2011

13. [...] Apple Streusel Coffee Cake — Sunchowder’s EmporiaOct 21, 2011 … Apple Spiced Sour Cream Coffee Cake for R’ock-tober #baketogether. by Wendy Read on … Cool on wire rack and Enjoy!! Tagged as: Coffee … [...]

Pingback by Rack tober | Gourmetcandles — December 9, 2011