Muffin Monday – Apple Buttermilk Muffins

November 6, 2011

Apple Buttermilk Muffins

I have been wanting so much to participate more in the blogging world as I not only like to make my jams, pickles and chutneys, I love being able to use them both to bake with and to cook with in my own kitchen.  I also find that my customers appreciate it when they can taste and take away a recipe at my farm stand.   Twitter is an amazing, I have met so many lovely people online that share so many of my interests.   I recently met Anuradha of Baker Street and she is doing something really fun called Muffin Monday.  I just could not resist joining in this week as I knew I could use some of my very own Apple Pie Filling in this recipe and kick it up a notch!  The original recipe comes from Women’s Weekly.   In Anuradha’s own words, the Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street.  A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick note to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum mornings week after week.

1. Your very own pie filling! I’m sure these tasted divine! The texture of the muffin looks great! So glad you could join us for muffin monday! Hope you’ll continue to stay a part of the madness!

Cheers!
    A

Comment by Baker Street — November 7, 2011

2. Thanks so much Anuradha! They came out great and I after eating three of them, I was actually able to donate the balance to my daugher’s HS Band Bakesale :) It was a win-win at our house. I loved participating and look forward to many more.

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — November 7, 2011

3. Love the close up shots! You should post your pie filling recipe. yum! Happy Muffin Monday!

Comment by Mike's Baking (@mikesbaking) — November 7, 2011

4. So nice to be baking with you again, Wendy, and for a new event! I’m always so enthralled with your photos. They’re absolutely stunning, with beautiful texture and lighting. I would love to try one of your muffins with the homemade apple pie filling – yum! And I agree with Mike… please share! :)

Comment by Aimee @ Food: Je t'Aimee — November 7, 2011

5. Thank you all!! Mike and Aimee–promise I will post up my recipe for Apple Pie Filling, my secret ingredient is Boiled Cider Syrup, I swear by it :) And Amiee so nice to be baking with you again too :)

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — November 7, 2011

6. Beautiful photos, Wendy! So happy to be baking with you this week :)

Comment by Yuri - Chef Pandita — November 7, 2011

7. Thank you so much Yuri! I try, I Have so much more to learn though–so nice to meet you here and to bake together :)

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — November 7, 2011

8. Homemade pie filling sounds great! I can smell it over here. Love how moist these muffins look!

Comment by Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves — November 7, 2011

9. You’re a bad influence. :-) Now I want to go order some boiled cider syrup from King Arthur.

Comment by Princess Polkadot — November 7, 2011

10. Yes, I love being a bad influence :) King Arthur is a great source for it too! I buy mine directly from the mill :) And so….you can also make your own by boiling apple cider–I have done this also, very delish–you have to start with a gallon to make it worth while :)

thanks Yuri and Bianca for taking the time to post and your lovely compliments!

Comment by Sunchowder - Wendy Read — November 7, 2011

11. Your muffins look fantastic! Must have tasted great with your home made apple filling :)

Comment by Stay-At-Home-Chef — November 8, 2011