Peach and Raspberry Tartlettes for #Baketogether with Abby Dodge

June 11, 2012

Peach Raspberry Tartlettes with Peach Bourbon Jam

So here it is, a month has gone by and we are smack in the middle of glorious peach season.  The blueberries and blackberries are just finishing up here in Florida, and the peaches are coming down from South Carolina.  Dripping with juice, tart and sweet, peaches are so delightful, really I do look forward to this time of the year–for fruit that is, not for the change in our weather :)   I just completed a batch of Peach Bourbon Jam, nothing but peaches, sugar, lemon and bourbon–some added before cooking and some added at the very end to finish off the jam.  When I saw Abby’s new baketogether challenge for very berry mini pies, I knew I wanted to use fresh peaches and a slathering of my Peach Bourbon Jam as the base for the tartlettes.  This month Abby put up a badge at the one year anniversary of baketogether, there you can read all about the monthly challenge and join in if you would like to bake with us!  These tartlettes were unbelieveably delicious, these will be another kitchen staple here at my home.  I was able to use fresh harvested pecans from a farm up in Georgia which I incorporated into the topping.  Please visit Abby’s Site so that you can view the original recipe and look at all of the wonderful adaptations from talented bakers across the country.    Here is my spin on Abby’s original recipe for Very Berry Mini Pies.

Lovely Peach and Raspberry Tartlettes with Peach Bourbon Jam

1. Beautiful and delicious and the peach bourbon jam is a brilliant addition, I am going to order some today. Your tartlets are genius!! Peach pie is probably my all time favorite fruit pie, second to that is blackberry.

Comment by Suzanne — June 11, 2012

2. I adore these tartlettes! It’s not yet peach season here but once it is, you’ve given me something to make. Lovely!

Comment by Kate | Food Babbles — June 11, 2012

3. These are gorgeous and I admire your baking skills and patience. Peaches are not quite ready in our markets – close, though.

Comment by LiztheChef — June 11, 2012

4. Peaches? Sob…not for several weeks. So gorgeous and of course, you mention booze and you just KNOW I’ll be all over it. I just love a bit in my baked goods. Really. Just a bit. :)

Comment by Barbara | Creative Culinary — June 11, 2012

5. Great choice, sounds delicious love the peach raspberry combination, yum! ! I love peaches, that’s one thing that’s never local here. We always have to rely on imported peaches and have about a month to go until the good ones come.

Comment by Jayne — June 12, 2012

6. Thanks so much Suzanne!

Comment by Wendy Read — June 15, 2012

7. Must wait for the good peaches then! We do get them in from Chile inbetween our seasons here and they are never as delicious :)

Comment by Wendy Read — June 15, 2012

8. Ah thanks Barb! The Peach Bourbon Jam is really wonderful, I am cooking up two more large batches today, sold out at the market last week :)

Comment by Wendy Read — June 15, 2012

9. Thanks so much Liz! You know that I admire you :) I always appreciate your support.

Comment by Wendy Read — June 15, 2012

10. Ah Kate! Thanks so much, I hope you will try the recipe and let me know how it turns out!

Comment by Wendy Read — June 15, 2012

11. These look wonderful!! I love little tart pies with the freshness of summer fruit! We’re getting some great nectarines in our stores now that I was thinking of using with Abby’s recipe, but now I want to make yours :-)

Comment by Chez Suzanne / The Wimpy Vegetarian — June 17, 2012