Peach Bourbon Mojito #FridayCocktail 1 Year Celebration!

September 14, 2012

Peach Bourbon Mojito

In Florida we have another thirty days to continue to feel the full brunt of the summer heat, and on an afternoon after my markets, a beautiful cocktail such as this one always hits the spot.    I  put together this post to celebrate the anniversary of The Friday Cocktail with Barbara of Creative Culinary.   Not only does Barbara have a fabulous blog, but her full time busniess is building and providing web support over at Kinetic Webs.  Barbara is having a big celebration today over at Creative Culinary and if you follow that link, you will see a huge line-up of brilliant cocktails from all over the blogosphere!

I hope that you will enjoy this drink, it uses my Peach Bourbon Jam as the sweetner instead of sugar and also uses my most favorite ginger beer in the whole world which is Bundaberg.

Fabulous cocktail for a hot summer afternoon by the pool!

1. What a cocktail! Today will be our hottest day of the summer and I could use one…I have to find that ginger beer too – my favorite. Stay cool X0

Comment by LiztheChef — September 14, 2012

2. Glorious picture! How lovely and summery sounding this is, fabulous idea to sweeten with your jam! Cheers!

Comment by Jayne — September 14, 2012

3. This sounds absolutely fabulous Wendy…though anything with one of your jams would definitely be ‘kicked up a notch.’ Thanks so very much for joining the party…hoping one day we’ll actually raise a glass together. Cheers!

Comment by Barbara | Creative Culinary — September 15, 2012

4. Oh Thanks Barb, I too hope we have to have some cheers together!

Comment by Wendy Read — September 16, 2012

5. Thanks so much Jayne! First time ever I have made a cocktail this way, great inspiration from Barb.

Comment by Wendy Read — September 16, 2012

6. Wanting another cocktail with you! This would be perfect for your very hot weekend :)

Comment by Wendy Read — September 16, 2012

7. I love Barbara’s blog and I think she’s terrific as a human being. When I saw you used jam as a sweetener my brain exploded. honestly. :)

Comment by Maureen | Orgasmic Chef — September 28, 2012

8. Hi Maureen! So glad you liked the idea :) Looking forward to getting to know you better, I love Barb too. I subscribed to your page and hope that we can keep up with each other. Thanks again for taking the time to post up.

Comment by Wendy Read — September 28, 2012

9. How brilliant to use your jam as the sweetener! Mojitos are one of my favorite cocktails so I’m sure I’d love this.

Comment by kristy @ the wicked noodle — October 14, 2012