Peach Ginger Cardamom Pie for Pie Day!

June 20, 2012

Cardamon Ginger Peach Pie

Here is a recipe for a lovely pie I baked today to particpate in Pie Party 2012  across the country!  I have combined fresh peaches with cardamom, crystallized ginger and a few scrapes of nutmeg to make a luscious fruit filling.   The crust comes from one of my standard go to books, The Joy of Cooking.

[/print_this]

Peach Cardamom Ginger Pie with Lattice Crust

1. These are some of my very favorite flavors! Bookmarked and Pinned!

Comment by Renée J. (RJ Flamingo) — June 20, 2012

2. As usual, I totally missed pie day – but yours rocks, for certain X0

Comment by LiztheChef — June 20, 2012

3. Beautiful, Wendy, beautiful!! And mmm peaches! I haven’t baked anything with peaches this year yet but now this pie and your recipe are bookmarked for the first of the season. Scrumptious! Happy Pie Day!

Comment by Jamie — June 21, 2012

4. Adore ginger and cardamom paired with fresh peaches, just scrumptious! A tempting pie for the first day of summer!

Comment by Deb — June 21, 2012

5. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment Deb! So pleased you enjoyed the recipe, I hope you try it!

Comment by Wendy Read — June 21, 2012

6. Oh Jamie, so appreciate your compliment!

Comment by Wendy Read — June 21, 2012

7. [...] Peach Ginger Cardamon Pie by Sunchowder’s Emporia [...]

Pingback by Pie Party Review | Lesser Homes & Gardens — June 25, 2012

8. Holy moly, this sounds good!! I love the flavor combination you used here. Lovely pie!

Comment by Kate | Food Babbles — June 30, 2012

9. Oh Wendy, I’m going to have to make this. I love, love, love cardamom and ginger and love peaches. This pie is right up my alley. I’m so glad I saw this! Pinning right now so I won’t forget!!

Comment by Chez Suzanne / The Wimpy Vegetarian — July 16, 2012

10. Oh, so glad you like it! Can’t wait to see how it turns out for you, please let me know :)

Comment by Wendy Read — July 16, 2012