Peach Ginger Cardamom Pie for Pie Day!

June 20, 2012

Cardamon Ginger Peach Pie

Here is a recipe for a lovely pie I baked today to particpate in Pie Party 2012  across the country!  I have combined fresh peaches with cardamom, crystallized ginger and a few scrapes of nutmeg to make a luscious fruit filling.   The crust comes from one of my standard go to books, The Joy of Cooking.

Peach Cardamom Ginger Pie with Lattice Crust

1. These are some of my very favorite flavors! Bookmarked and Pinned!

Comment by Renée J. (RJ Flamingo) — June 20, 2012

2. As usual, I totally missed pie day – but yours rocks, for certain X0

Comment by LiztheChef — June 20, 2012

3. Beautiful, Wendy, beautiful!! And mmm peaches! I haven’t baked anything with peaches this year yet but now this pie and your recipe are bookmarked for the first of the season. Scrumptious! Happy Pie Day!

Comment by Jamie — June 21, 2012

4. Adore ginger and cardamom paired with fresh peaches, just scrumptious! A tempting pie for the first day of summer!

Comment by Deb — June 21, 2012

5. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment Deb! So pleased you enjoyed the recipe, I hope you try it!

Comment by Wendy Read — June 21, 2012

6. Oh Jamie, so appreciate your compliment!

Comment by Wendy Read — June 21, 2012

7. […] Peach Ginger Cardamon Pie by Sunchowder’s Emporia […]

Pingback by Pie Party Review | Lesser Homes & Gardens — June 25, 2012

8. Holy moly, this sounds good!! I love the flavor combination you used here. Lovely pie!

Comment by Kate | Food Babbles — June 30, 2012

9. Oh Wendy, I’m going to have to make this. I love, love, love cardamom and ginger and love peaches. This pie is right up my alley. I’m so glad I saw this! Pinning right now so I won’t forget!!

Comment by Chez Suzanne / The Wimpy Vegetarian — July 16, 2012

10. Oh, so glad you like it! Can’t wait to see how it turns out for you, please let me know :)

Comment by Wendy Read — July 16, 2012