Grilled Tequila Lime Culantro Shrimp

August 26, 2014

Tequila Lime & Culantro Shrimp garnished with lime and mango

Tequila Lime & Culantro Shrimp garnished with peppers, lime and mango

Summer screams Tequila, doesn’t it?  This month I am participating in a fabulous virtual progressive dinner just in time for Labor Day!  I made sumptuous shrimp for our appetizer and they are refreshing and light, perfect for a summer barbecue.  If you don’t have an outside grill, these can be made just as easily in your oven.  I have featured culantro in the recipe, which is an herb I happen to love.  It is  a different plant to cilantro entirely–it has a stronger flavor and is fabulous when paired with basil if you are new to this herb.  It is very popular in Latin countries and happily it will grow it year round in my patio herb garden.

Grilled Lime Tequila and Culantro Shrimp

Grilled Lime Tequila and Culantro Shrimp
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

Tequila Lime Culantro Shrimp

Tequila Lime Culantro Shrimp

Stop by and visit all of the wonderful blogger links below to get recipes for the full summer cookout!

Main Course

Appetizers

Bread

Salad

Soup

Sides

Beverage

Desserts

Welcome to another edition of Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a progressive dinner party. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.

We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.

This month’s theme is Summer Barbecue hosted by Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake. You’ll love all the summertime recipes that will be perfect for your next cookout or Labor Day gathering.

1. YUM! What an amazing appetizer…but I could easily make this my dinner 🙂

Comment by Liz — August 26, 2014

2. Truth be told Liz, we DID have this for dinner after photographing 🙂 Thanks so much for taking the time to post!

Comment by wendyread — August 26, 2014

3. Tequila, Lime, shrimp = Bliss . I must go hunt down the Culantro .. I have never used it before! thanks for this recipe.

Comment by Ansh — August 26, 2014

4. Easy to find in green grocers that will specialize in Latin foods, thanks so much for taking the time out to comment!

Comment by wendyread — August 26, 2014

5. […] Sunchowder’s Emporia – Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp Skewers […]

Pingback by Peach Melba Pavlova with Bourbon Caramel Sauce - Creative Culinary — August 26, 2014

6. Good gosh, Wendy, these skewers are fabulous! I love the burst of flavors you have here on my favorite food… shrimp! Like and bright and flavorful and I could make an entire meal of this!!! I’m so glad you brought these to our barbecue!!

Comment by Jamie — August 26, 2014

7. Thank you so much Jamie!

Comment by wendyread — August 26, 2014

8. This looks amazing Wendy; want to reach into one of those beautiful photos and grab a handful. Thanks so much for joining us this month…a GREAT addition!

Comment by Barbara | Creative Culinary — August 26, 2014

9. Thanks for having me! Loved being a part of this, all the recipes look fabulous 🙂

Comment by wendyread — August 26, 2014

10. Wow, Wendy! These shrimp sound fantastic, and I’m not even a shrimp person! So happy you were part of this month’s feast!

Comment by Jenni — August 26, 2014

11. Me too Jenni, love being part of this club 🙂 Thanks so much!

Comment by wendyread — August 26, 2014

12. […] Sunchowder’s Emporia – Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp Skewers […]

Pingback by Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho (Greek-Style) #ProgressiveEats — August 26, 2014

13. Wendy – these are so beautiful and your photographs are stunning! Something grilled with tequilla? You’ve got my attention, LOL. 🙂

Comment by Jane, The Heritage Cook — August 26, 2014

14. Thank you so much Jane!!! They were pretty yummy, I must say 🙂

Comment by wendyread — August 26, 2014

15. Stunning photographs of an incredibly delicious appetizer for the virtual progressive dinner! Great job, Wendy.

Comment by Lana@NeverEnoughThyme — August 27, 2014

16. Thank you for your compliment Lana! Means so much to me coming from you, so pleased to be able to participate in the progressive dinner with you.

Comment by wendyread — August 29, 2014

17. These sound wonderful, I love grilled shrimp (prawns here!) Your picture is beautiful! I love finding new things, culantro is something I have never heard of before, I like the sound of it!

Comment by Jayne — August 28, 2014

18. You will love culantro Jayne! Thank you so much for taking the time out to comment 😉

Comment by wendyread — August 29, 2014

19. Perfect for an appetizer or a simpler dinner.

Comment by Barbara @ Barbara Bakes — August 30, 2014

20. What fantastic photos! And I love the flavors of this shrimp dish, Wendy. Really just perfect for summer.

Comment by susan @ the wimpy vegetarian — September 4, 2014

21. Thank you so much Susan!

Comment by wendyread — September 5, 2014

22. This is so incredible! It has been too long since we have had shrimp for dinner, I need to make this soon!

Comment by Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — September 14, 2014